It just couldn’t be easier and that’s exactly what I needed! I love one pot dinners or a meal in a bowl! Summer is really ramping up with so many parties that my head is spinning……in a happy, creative kind of way! The calendar is getting a very festive look to it as I fill in each new party date. So with planning all the future great things to eat, tonight’s dinner got put on the back burner, so to speak.
I could hear my stomach growling and the husbands wasn’t going to be far behind. I knew it was time for one of those last minute, clean out the refrigerator dinners. Slinging bits and pieces of stuff together can result in a new all time favorite….now and then.
I think this one is a keeper!
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain.
In a large bowl, add the ham, veggies and pasta and set aside.
Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- 8 ounces uncooked orecchiette pasta
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup dill, minced
- 1 cup turkey "ham" or real ham, cubed
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt free seasoning (Trader Joe's 21 Salute)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain.
- In a large bowl, add the ham, veggies and pasta and set aside.
- Combine mayonnaise and remaining ingredients in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk. Pour over pasta mixture, tossing to coat.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Lovely as a side dish or main dish. Fantastic for a potluck dinner or picnic!