Better than Sex and the City Cosmo? Our friends think so and we do too! When Cosmopolitans were all the rage, I asked my husband to mix up a couple for us at home. He came up with one that has so much more flavor, passionate color and taste I won’t even order one in a bar or restaurant anymore because I adore my husband’s Cosmo’s….and him! To say they pale in comparison has a double meaning. Most Cosmo’s are a pale pink color and have, well…what I can only describe as a milder flavor profile and that is how they were intended to be. We like things a little zippier at our house! David’s Cosmo is vibrant, packed with the flavor of cranberry and lime and a beautiful garnet color. All because of a secret, until now, ingredient. Now, that is sexy!
The Ultimate Cosmo, or as our friend’s refer to it, David’s Cosmo, has become the official cocktail to accompany the appetizer round of our annual Thanksgiving feast. We would all be so disappointed if this signature cocktail was not served. It is a favorite with so many of our friends, kind of like the game 6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon, his Cosmo recipe has been passed along well beyond our group. So here it is in print for all to enjoy! Cheers!
1 1/2 ounces Trader Joe’s 100% Cranberry Juice (Secret Ingredient)
1 teaspoon Sugar
1 1/2 ounces Ketel One Vodka
1/2 Ounce Patron Citronge (or Cointreau)
Juice of 1/2 of a Key Lime*
Pour cranberry juice into shaker can. Add the sugar and stir to dissolve. Add the other ingredients and ice; shake until chilled. Pour into a chilled martini glass and garnish with a lime wheel.
* If you substitute a regular lime for the key lime, adjust the amount per your desire for more or less lime flavor.
- 1 1/2 ounces Trader Joe's 100% Cranberry Juice
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 1/2 ounces Ketel One Vodka
- 1/2 Ounce Patron Citronge (or Cointreau)
- Juice of 1/2 of a Key Lime*
- Pour cranberry juice into shaker can.
- Add the sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Add the other ingredients and ice; shake until chilled.
- Pour into a chilled martini glass and garnish with a lime wheel.
- * If you substitute a regular lime for the key lime, adjust the amount per your desire for more or less lime flavor.