What’s creepier than a bloody brain? Drinking a bloody brain… Completely disgusting, yet so Halloween appropriate! It’s that time of year when anything goes. The kid, albeit the adult kid, in us comes out. There is no denying this drink feels weird in your mouth but it does taste pretty darn good…once you get past the whole idea of the body organs….if you can!
I thought about our nephew Christopher and his wife Brenda when I came across this shooter. They love Halloween, throwing parties, and the theatrical aspect of the holiday. This is right up their alley. Just make sure you watch out for the zombies lurking in the alley. This could have been one of their brains….
Simple ingredients, but it does take a few attempts to get the brain to curdle just right in the glass. The upside, any failures, just toss ’em back and start again. Beware! Too many shots and “Drain Bramage” sets in. (What you get when you have killed enough brain cells to not be able to say “brain damage” properly.)
1 shot Peach Schnapps
1/2 shot Baileys Irish Cream
Drizzle of Grenadine
Pour peach schnapps in a shot glass 3/4 of the way full.
Carefully add the cream slowly without splashing to form the brain tissue. Now, drizzle a small amount of grenadine over the “brain” to simulate the hemorrhaging of red blood.
Toss it back! Happy Halloween!
- 1 shot Peach Schnapps
- 1/2 shot Baileys Irish Cream
- Drizzle of Grenadine
- Pour peach schnapps in a shot glass 3/4 of the way full.
- Carefully add the cream slowly without splashing to form the brain tissue. Now, drizzle a small amount of grenadine over the “brain” to simulate the hemorrhaging of red blood.
- Toss it back! Happy Halloween!
- Remember, Zombies only eat your brains...you're safe! Cheers!